Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012

Something total exotic - Westafrican cavalry

Well, you know I am always after the lesser known subjects:-) This here is the most exotic stuff I ever made for myself. Westafrican cavalry (Benin, Sokoto etc) for the 17th to early 20th century.
These guys buildt an Empire in West Africa and fought against Slavers and other African natives. When the British came in 1904 they thought they can match them too in heavy cavalry charges on British squares with machine guns. Didn't worked this time then....

I produced two such figures some years ago with six different head-versions. Now Dirk Risser painted for me the first of this figures and I want to show you the photo here.




These guys are much more colorful than you can think. Would be an eyecatcher on every colonial diorama or wargame in my eyes.










And there is already an interesting book from Foundry on the market for them


So in case you are interested in such extotic stuff, they are now in the shop:-))

5 Kommentare:

  1. ooh pretty :-) I like those. such a shame that they have not recieved much attention as they would lighten up many wargame tables

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Awesome, I thought they were Late Roman Cataphracts at first, very cool indeed!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is really cool! West Africa doesn't get nearly enough attention.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I think if you like colorful and historically, is hereby served very well!

    AntwortenLöschen